Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Moment of Truth

It was about 2 years ago when I won a drawing to have a personal trainer, Jimmy Bluff, (who is amazing) for 12 weeks at a gym called The Edge. It was then that, with his help and encouragement, I had gone from weighing 212 to 178 pounds. I was so excited to lose that weight after having a baby. It was that summer that I ended up in a slight depression and ended up gaining all of that weight back. Once I was able to pull myself out of that slump, I was determined to get back in shape. As time went by, I wasn't doing what I needed to do to get back to where I was. I started getting some bad thoughts about not eating and other wrong ways to lose the weight and then I would just eat whatever. It's been pretty crazy.

It wasn't until a recent trip to Forks, Washington that it really hit me that I have to do something before it gets way out of hand. I had such a great time with my girlfriends, checking out the place where one of our favorite books is based. As we were viewing the pictures, I saw a particular picture of myself that really opened my eyes. My weight right now is the most I have ever weighed without being pregnant and that is definitely NOT good. With a history of diabetes and heart problems (my dad), I want to change that around so I do not develop those issues in my life.



I can't afford a personal trainer at the moment and thought by making a blog and "reporting" my progress would help me along the way. I have also signed up with The Biggest Loser Club online. One of the threads I subscribed to suggested that I post my weigh-ins on every Friday. I will also post my progress on this blog along with my "journal" entries.

Please support me in this journey of mine by sending me suggestions and constructive criticism. I know that having family and friends support is a huge help. Thanks for reading and let the journey begin!

~Gina

6 comments:

  1. You go Girl!!! I know that you have the strength and the will power to do what you want! Just wish I did LOL!!! JK I support you 110% Have fun on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina! I'm so excited for you! I would love to encourage you. I decided I had to do the same thing and am doing TONS better with my work outs and being motivated. I think the blogs help. If you wanna see how I'm doing its: dumptherump.blogspot.com (there's also a link on my blog). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Gina,

    This may be a way to really make a difference, and you can inspire others along the way.

    I lost over two stone (28+ lbs) between May and August last year just by walking the dog every day for from 60 to 90 minutes. Cailean demands that exercise, of course. I've kept the weight off by continuing the daily walks, easier now that the winter weather is over. So, if your ankles can take it, I recommend moderate walking, perhaps increasing it as your weight drops.

    Diet, of course, must be nearly everything. Stop buying packaged foods, prepare all that you eat. The exercise from cutting and slicing and chopping is good too. With spring here, there should be fresh veggies and fruit available.

    One of my sisters has joined a walking group ... it's people who are a tad heavy and depressed (not necessarily about their weight, depression and weight problems are linked quite often) ... They walk along the coast near Broadstairs where she lives. The conversation is a bit of a "group therapy".

    All very exciting that you're taking on this healthy challenge. While one might say there's more of you to love right now, we do want you around for a long, long time to be loved.

    Anything I can help with, just holler! You know my phone number, don't you?

    Your Old Friend,

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments and support! I really do appreciate it...a lot. Ross, I don't know if I have your number or not. I'll double check and see. I'll let you know if I don't have it. Love you all!!!

    ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a awesome motivator. I will help you anyway I can. When you come for dinner on Sunday I will not let you have any of that yummy Butter cream frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, I am so excited for you! You are so brave to post about weight etc. I wish I could be as brave! I feel like I am in the same situation. I will be monitoring you, and hopefully your progress will inspire me! I will be trying right along with you! Thanks for the motivation! Good Luck! Love, April

    ReplyDelete